Dan Meyerson Consulting is the culmination of over 40 years’ experience in the use of wood as a premium design material. Dan earned his Bachelor of Fine Arts degree from the Philadelphia College of Art (now University of the Arts) with a focus on woodworking and furniture design. To see some of Dan’s studio work, please click here. (By the way, Dan is also available to execute custom pieces for your projects. He will be happy to collaborate with you or develop his own design to fit your project’s needs.) His entire career has been devoted to the aesthetics of wood and how it can enhance and enrich our lives.
Dan started out as a product designer in the contract furniture industry. For the past 25 years he has been a leading figure in the wood veneer industry, first with Bacon Veneer and later with M.Bohlke Veneer Corp. He has worked directly with architects and designers throughout the United States, assisting them with the selection and specification of premium veneers for their projects. These projects have included the full range of applications - corporate and commercial interiors, hospitality, performing arts, healthcare and residential.
Dan’s invaluable expertise and educational efforts have helped design professionals throughout the industry realize their concepts by incorporating and maximizing the natural beauty that fine woods provide.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Woodworking and Furniture Design) - Philadelphia College of Art (now University of the Arts)
- Accredited Presenter- Architectural Woodwork Institute (AWI) Speakers Bureau
- Guest Lecturer - Parsons School of Design, Rhode Island School of Design, New England School of Art and Design
- Contributing author - “Wood Veneers”, Interior Graphic Standards, 2003, John Wiley & Sons
- Regional Sales Director and Project Management - R.S Bacon Veneer Co., Burr Ridge, IL
- Sales and Project Management - M.Bohlke Veneer Corp., Fairfield, OH
- Furniture Designer - Cumberland Furniture Corp., New York, NY
- Director of Manufacturing - Cumberland Furniture Corp. New York, NY
- Sales and Project Management - Jacob Froehlich Cabinet Works, Bronx NY